Upcoming Trainings & Events
To offer the best learning opportunities to students, education professionals need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, research, and resources. That’s where training from NEREC#4 comes in. We will keep our list of training opportunities and events updated regularly, so please visit this page often.
NMPED Special Education Bureau
Visit the RECIX website for NMPED SE information on webinars, upcoming events, and professional learning resources. You can also access important special education information on the NMPED SE website.
2017-18 NEREC-Sponsored PD Training Events
Please take a moment to view our schedule of this year’s PD training events. These events are open to all member districts. Please note that timeframes are approximate and may change as per the presenter for a.m. or p.m. sessions
September 2017: PD Event #1
- Thursday, September 21, 2017: (Lisa Burciaga Segura); 12:30-3:45 p.m.
October 2017: PD Event #2
- Tuesday, October 17, 2017: (Glenn Damian); 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon
November 2017: PD Event #3, #4, #5
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017: (Glenn Damian); 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017: (Lisa Burciaga Segura); New! By Attendee Request!
December 2017: PD Event #6
- Friday, December 1, 2017: (Dr. Juan Portley); 9:00 a.m. - 12 noon
January 2018: PD Event #7 and #8
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018: (Lisa Burciaga Segura); 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018: (Lisa Burciaga Segura); 8:30 a.m.-12:00 noon
February 2018: PD Event #9
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018: (Glenn Damian and Lisa Burciaga Segura); 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon
- Note the date change from February 13 to February 20.
March 2018: No PD Events
- Various Spring Breaks
- Annual NEREC Child Find Developmental Screening Event; March 15, 2018 (over NMHU Spring Break)
April 2018: PD Event #10 - Tentative (May cancel due to testing windows.)