Upcoming Trainings & Events
To offer the best learning opportunities to students, education professionals need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, research, and resources. That’s where training from NEREC#4 comes in. We will keep our list of training opportunities and events updated regularly, so please visit this page often.
NMPED Special Education Bureau
Visit the RECIX website for NMPED SE information on webinars, upcoming events, and professional learning resources. You can also access important special education information on the NMPED SE website.
2018–19 NEREC-Sponsored PD Training Events
Please take a moment to view our schedule of this year’s PD training events. These events are open to all member districts. Please note that time frames are approximate and may change as per the presenter for a.m. or p.m. sessions.
- Thursday, September 27, 2018: Student Self-Advocacy: Effective Post-School Transition Planning (½-day)
- Presenters: Glenn Damian, NEREC and Juan Portley, Ph.D., NEREC
- Ind. 13: Sec. Trans and Ind. 14: PSO; Self-Advocacy, DVR Project
- Register for Student Self-Advocacy: Effective Post- School Transition Planning
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018: Make Your Classroom a Manageable Classroom (all day)
- Presenter: Billie Mathews, Ph.D.
- Register for Make Your Classroom a Manageable Classroom
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018: IEP Do’s and Don’ts: Guidance For Administrators and IEP Meeting Facilitators (all day)
- Presenters: Lisa Burciaga Segura, NEREC
- Introduce/Review Use of WG Handbook of SE Procedures Tool
- GoToMeeting: Elena Gallegos, Esq. (1:30–2:15 p.m.)
- Register for IEP DO’s and DON’Ts
- Wednesday, November 7, 2018: Academic Achievement Through Differentiated Instruction (all day)
- Presenter: Lisa Burciaga Segura, NEREC
- Content-Process-Product-Environment-Knowing the Learner
- Register for Academic Achievement Through Differentiated Instruction
- Thursday, November 15, 2018: Title: The MEANINGFUL Interpretation of Assessment Data (½-day)
- Presenter: Michelle Cruz, Licensed Diagnostician, RRPS
- Register for The MEANINGFUL Interpretation of Assessment Data
- Thursday, December 6, 2018: ASDs and the 11 Best Practice Considerations Toward Student Success (all day)
- Presenter: Lisa Burciaga Segura, NEEC
- Register for ASDs and the 11 Best Practice Considerations Toward Student Success